Monday, April 21, 2008

Silence of the Lambs

Ever since the "Silence of the Lambs", "Hannibal" and "Red Dragon" movies first came out I have been terrified of them and I have refused to watch. Everyone has always talked about how scary they were and how they didn't think I couldn't handle them. Well this past weekend I decided to conquer my fears, I watched all three. I thought the movies were pretty good but not nearly as scary as people said they were. I thought they were much more interesting than scary (Jess I think you could definitely handle them).
On another note to keep life interesting I typically come up with different goals. My newest thing is to get good at biking, not simple road biking but sweet trail, single-track, mountain biking. I had a few easy warm-up days around the lakes and then got run through the mill this weekend. We rode on some sweet low maintained trails behind the Brainerd airport. I am a pretty logical person so it was hard for me to keep convincing myself that it was a good idea to ride as fast as I could into either a downed tree, or down a steep trail, or even across a thin little ledge. The good news is that a few cuts, scrapes and a deer-tick later I am still alive. We will see how this all pans out. Have a fantastic Monday!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hannibal Lecter movies AND extreme biking?? What a little dare devil you are! And for the record, I still dont think I'm ready for those movies. Maybe when we get to Silence of the Lambs on our Oscar winner list. So in like 20 years. :)